Monday

Ahhh, there's nothing like the country life.

All so simple and uncomplicated.

A little while back my car had to be serviced and as the garage is 13kms from my house and I work from home, I was wondering about the logistics of this.

If I drove my car to them, someone was going to have to down tools to drive me back home. And, do the same thing again when my car was finished. Hmmm ... think, think, think. And lo and behold ... a solution ... from the manager himself!

He called around to my house on his way to work, swapped cars and left his brand new, bright yellow V8 Holden ute in my driveway. What a trusting man! You've got to understand something ... Aussie men love their Holden utes. But hey, guess who got to drive this mean machine back to the garage later that day? Me!!

Woohoooo!! I've always wondered what it would be like to zoom along an open country road in a turbo-charged banana!!

What do you love about the town you live in?

4 comments:

  1. I live at the entrance to the beautiful Swan Valley region of Perth - vineyards, restaurants, wineries and boutique breweries all mixed in with fabulous scenery. How lucky am I to live here???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny, oh that sounds awesome to dive turbo-charged ute, they love Holden utes like they love footies, lol.

    I live in Gold Coast and just simply love the beach and lifestyle compared to the busy Osaka city in Japan where I grew up.

    Thank you for wonderful word "The time to turn your life around is NOW!" which can push my back to go forward everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzi when we look in our "own backyards", isn't it amazing what we notice about where we live! The Swan Valley region sounds delightful indeed. Thank you for sharing.

    Cheers,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Yoshimi, I think the Gold Coast is busy, I would probably be very amazed if I visited Osaka. Happy to hear you love your Aussie home.

    Cheers,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete